Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We've got a new home!

Go down 
+4
KO
Hunter
Ke'ak
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ke'ak
Admin
Admin
Ke'ak

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-05-03

We've got a new home! Empty
PostSubject: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 5:55 pm

I just figured I'd start things off by writing a message. I don't really have a ton to say, but I did set up the forums and the like. Granted, it's organized a little different from what we're used to, but I thought it would work alright. Any suggestions or whatever would definitely be appreciated. BTW - You're welcome to make any changes to anything yourselves, because I'll be adding everyone into moderator status as we go. Cool? Cool.
Back to top Go down
http://sounfocused.wordpress.com
Hunter
Illusionist
Illusionist
Hunter

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 6:53 pm

Some of the options seem to be in french. But they are deciphered easily enough. I like the new layout. And if you actually do put the first three Illusions in those topics you will be my new hero.

*whee*
Back to top Go down
Illusionist
Illusionist

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 8:47 pm

If you hold your mouse on it long enough Hunter, the english will display itself. *Breathes deep* It's good to be back. Sorry guys, I seemed to be lost in the abyss when ya'll were typin e-mails to one another, however, I have caught up on writing and I'm ready to get this game started. I like the story line guys, and I absolutely adore the whole realistic approach instead of the whole "Harry Potter", thing. Don't get me wrong I'm a major fan of high fantasy, but trying new things is fun. Anywho, are we going to further discuss things here? If so, then I was thinking my character could be a motorcyclist who always carries around a metallic bat. Of course she's a girl. (a shout out to my tough women. Including you Ang.) Anyways. Come on lets have fun. My fingers are itching to write.
Back to top Go down
Illusionist
Illusionist

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 3:29 pm

What if new writers wish to join the Illusion, how can they if our forum is limited to only a few people? Lets say that one other person wishes to join, then can they?

Another question I have is about our characters. I see you've posted up the history of your character Ke'ak, and I was wondering if our new characters can currently be in a gang before being called upon to serve a new purpose?
Back to top Go down
Ke'ak
Admin
Admin
Ke'ak

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 4:29 pm

My hope is that this forum will eventually become something of a "more advanced" version of Hatrack. Instead of simply writing simple, one-dimensional posts, it would be nice to have a place dedicated toward getting talented writers together with those that want to learn, all focused on the same purpose. Eventually, I plan to open a section for beginners, as well as creating different stories and "worlds" that writers can work within.

That, however, is a little far off. I believe that any new writer that wants to write with us should have to go through the same application process that we implemented on Hatrack, and new writers should be voted in accordingly.

The stories that we create always seem stronger with a group of writers that understand and can work well with one another, so that's the end goal that I hope we accomplish.

As far as the character question, it is entirely up to you how or why your character is involved in the story. My reasonings for bringing Griffs in a little later is that I plan to set some groundwork with some of the other characters first, including Royals, Parker, and the Chinatown Leader, before bringing my character into the fray.

However, you're welcome to utilize your character however you see fit.
Back to top Go down
KO
Illusionist
Illusionist
KO

Registration date : 2007-05-07

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 8:42 am

Well I have arrived and love the forum entirely, though I have to say I almost liks 1073's pic with her id more Smile I have been giving a great deal of thought to my character and started out with one guy and then swtiched over to another girl. Not sure which to go with now, so may end up trying to write up a bit for both and see what you all think.

Great job on the forum Ke'ak, this totally rocks! I have the whole Reborn text if you would like it, though I think Hunter has it as well. So just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Ke'ak
Admin
Admin
Ke'ak

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 12:13 pm

Thanks for the compliment, KO. We do have to realize that this story is going to be quite a bit different from The Illusion. We're not necessarily going to be in one group, and as such, we're going to have to be a lot more liberal with our "character sharing."

We're looking at a good number of NPCs, but we also have to remember that the point is not simply to write for a single character, but to write for the story as a whole. That's partly why I thought having a seperate topic for each character was really useful. We can have these as blueprints to get to know the characters, so that we don't throw them into situations that they wouldn't belong in.

We've been experimenting with this kind of storytelling for quite some time, integrating our posts within one another's, and really bulding some very unique and interesting stories. I think it's time to take that a step forward.

Each of you are excellent writers. I know, because I've had the privilege of writing alongside you for much of the past year. I've seen everyone grow and learn from one another, and I've learned more from each of you than anyone, guaranteed.

That said, I think we're up to this challenge. Let's go to work.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Illusionist
Illusionist
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 1:33 pm

I can put Reborn's full text up if you want me too. That being said who has Version 2? Gelo?
Back to top Go down
angelo
Illusionist
Illusionist
angelo

Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 2:04 pm

My Illusion stuff is on the laptop I let my sister borrow. When I can get my hands on her, though, I'll try to upload the stuff.

I can't decide on my avatar for this. It's either going to be my char on gaiaonline or me looking more serious than usual.

Bleh...
Back to top Go down
amory
Illusionist
Illusionist
amory

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 2:30 pm

ah thank god <--(we can say it now) we have a new forums. I've been sitting at my computer every day hopefully typing in the address for vbs battleschool and every day I've been getting some message about it being FORBIDDEN!

...long story short I did this for quite a while until I got the bright idea today to check my email and huzzah!

So I really like the forums, great job on them Brandon, and I also really like the story idea, especially the aspect of everything being a little more realistic. I had an idea for a character and I just wanted to throw it out and see what everyone thought.

Basically he's going to end up amongst most of the writers and be understood to them as merely some guy who lives on the streets and showed up b/c he heard there was money involved. The truth of it though, is that he's actually an undercover cop who was sent to infiltrate and keep the force knowledgeable to some degree of what's going on.

anyways, great to have a new home^^
Back to top Go down
Illusionist
Illusionist

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 2:47 pm

hah! I leave for a minute and all of this. *folds arms behind head* It feels good to have our own resting spot doesn't it? Btw can we start writing now or should we continue to build on the story?
Back to top Go down
Ke'ak
Admin
Admin
Ke'ak

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 2:57 pm

I think we need to flesh out the story just a little bit, but other than that, I say let's just get to it. Does everyone understand the framework storyline?
Back to top Go down
angelo
Illusionist
Illusionist
angelo

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 4:25 pm

Well I think we could begin to write if we could get a starter setting type post and one last hurrah about the story's plot line.

And we all need to get our profiles up. I donno how that works but we gotta do that. And I like the idea of a free-writing explaination. I mean the

Eye Color

type form can only tell you so much and most of the stuff on it is insignificant.
Back to top Go down
angelo
Illusionist
Illusionist
angelo

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 4:29 pm

Oh and Amory I thought I was going to have to hog tie you but I guess I'll put the whip away Very Happy this time...

Erm... there are so many smilies here I donno what to do with myself.

Anyway... my character is a college drop out. SHe was about to graduate but got busted dealing drugs. Now she lost her scholarship and can't afford to go back until she can make enough money to do so.

Luckily she's something of a chemistry genius and has spent her time back in the ghetto.... making drugs lol.

When she finds out that there's cash for finding this guy she thinks it's the one break she needs to get enough money to go get her degree.

By the way her parents and siblings don't know she's dropped out--they think she just commutes on her little red bike. She doesn't want people to know about her situation and has grown to resent and loathe the cops.
Back to top Go down
saanengirl
Commentator
Commentator

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 7:44 pm

I finally made it over here. I'm excited about this new site and hope I will have time to really be involved. I've been away from the computer a lot lately, but that hasn't kept me from thinking through character ideas...

I'm thinking about taking the character I created for Sphinx (Phil) and developing him. I never really developed that character and he's a lot different from my other characters. Of course there are a lot of details about him that I can't keep, but his basic attitude and perspective will be interesting to explore. He will be in the midst of an unconsious quest for identity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/saanengirl
Orbit
Orbit

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 11:44 am

Hey Peoples! What's happening!? I don't have my contacts in so I can't read anything any of you have said... but I'll try to get around to doing that. I just wanted to come say hi to ya'll.

-Orbit_
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/travlcox
angelo
Illusionist
Illusionist
angelo

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 2:51 pm

Yay! Welcome Orbit!!!! It's good to see you. Smile

Hey when are we going to start writing, team?
Back to top Go down
Orbit
Orbit

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 3:07 pm

Ok, so I've read everything... (I think) and I'm still not a hundred percent sure on the details. From what I've gathered the mayor has offered a bounty for the big bad honcho gangs to snuff out the sissy gangs. Yes? No? We are supposed to write characters from any of these gangs? One specific gang? Or did the mayor put together a gang to wipe out the others? I don't know if I just missed the thread where all this was explained, or if it was in an e-mail that I never got. Anywho, this all seems rather rad, and I'll get thinking of a character ASAP, as long as that's cool with everyone.

-Orbit_
Back to top Go down
KO
Illusionist
Illusionist
KO

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 3:50 pm

I was wondering, since we have pretty much all the main characters by the look of it, if we are going to work out how they are all going to get together? And if we are simply going to jump into things, or do some background things with our characters at first?

I think we have a decent handle on the plot at least to start things off, but do we think we should work on the why and how the member of the Hornets was taken. Or perhaps the who?

Also, I'm going to add another character I think in a bit, a guy I was working on before my girl, but he needs some work. More to follow.

In addition, I should mention I have to take my daughter back to the hospital tomorrow and will be there for a few days since the treatment she is on now for the siezures is not working. I will be trained on the fun job of shooting her up with steroids twice a day for a month. But at least the docs think this should do the trick and stop these things from happening any futher. Will keep ya'll posted, but don't expect to see me for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Illusionist
Illusionist
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 4:01 pm

All the luck in the world too you KO, I'm sure your child will be fine.

As far as the story goes, I think a little bit of background posting, off by ourselves would be a good thing. And then we can decide on how to meet up whenever we want and just write ourselves metting somewhere.

Not sure about the kidnapping and the who-dun-it yet but thats why there is more than one person here...thankfully many are more talented than me. bounce
Back to top Go down
Illusionist
Illusionist

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 4:03 pm

I'm really feeling the idea of jumping into it now and working on the connections of characters and plot twists as we go along. We would get too tied up if we tried to cover every aspect of the story now, and then before we know it we will be disinterested or worn out from blabbing about this and that. In short, my opinion is we have enough information to at least start the beginning of the story. And whoever does not understand fully what's taking place, then one who does understand can explain it to him or her. All we need is a phat(old slang) intro from a good ass writer. Anyone in my corner?

As for you KO, no worries. My little sister used to suffer from seizures when she was younger, and Thank God she got better as she got older. She doesn't get them anymore. I pray the same thing happens for your child.
Back to top Go down
angelo
Illusionist
Illusionist
angelo

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 5:46 pm

Orbit- I can’t explain what the story is about. All I know is that someone got kidnapped and a bunch of people are looking for this someone. Perhaps someone who knows more about it can make like a master explanation summary or something. But when I heard tht part I figured I’d just decide that’s all I needed to know and go from there.

Oh and there’s the whole thing about the government sealing off the areas of the city that have the highest violence and gangs so as to allow the gangs to kill themselves or do whatever they want. Problem is that there are some innocent bystanders that live in these ghettos with families and children. This hasn’t stopped the highest officials in town from considering ways to “eliminate (read: kill)” the “problem (read: poor people)” in attempt to make the streets safer.

This is their alternative to doing their darn job, which is enforcing the law.

Okay, pumpkin, that’s all I know.

KO

Awww the baby! I hope she gets better. Good luck with your cute little chunky one I know she’ll be okay. She just needs some spinach.

KO you’re the most interesting male writer I know because you actually write female characters. It’s incredible, kudos.

Hunts- I agree, I think that we should write a little on our own then start. This waiting around is making me nervous.

10-7=3 I think we should just get on with it. We can work out the details more later but as long as we can start we’ll be able to see each other’s characters then try to see how we can connect to each other. Right now we maybe have written profiles but who knows how the character will turn out once we get down to it? It’s best to just go with it and then pump back.

Besides who knows when VBS will open back up. All this planning may prove to be in vain if we continue to dawdle.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Illusionist
Illusionist
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 6:01 pm

Foreshadowing at its best Gelo...VBS has returned.

However I do NOT want this planning to stop. I say we take a vote on whether to immediately return to VBS, write the 24th hour first, or work on both at once. I'll set up a poll.
Back to top Go down
Orbit
Orbit

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 12:24 am

Gracias Senorita!

Ok cool... some dude is missing, and we're gonna find him. And I don't know if I want to do the sibling thing or not. I've kind of been playing around with a bunch of characters in my head. I'll try to have something up by tomorrow.

-Orbit_
Back to top Go down
KO
Illusionist
Illusionist
KO

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 3:15 pm

I will be out of pocket until after memorial day since my wife's grandmother has passed. Have to fly out to KS for the funeral and everything, so not sure what my compy access will end up being. Hopefull Orbit and Hunter can use what I have said so far and done so far to at least explain how their character's are reacting to the situation. If I freeze you all for a bit I am sorry.

Anyway, you ever notice how funeral can be rearranged to be real-fun?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We've got a new home!   We've got a new home! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We've got a new home!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Out-of-Character :: Anything and Everything-
Jump to: